If you’ve heard of the Razer Raptor 27 inch gaming monitor and were wondering if it is worth it, read on and let us help you decide. However, if it doesn’t seem like the best choice for you, we’ve also included and reviewed some of the other best gaming monitors to help you make an informed decision – instead of simply jumping on the bandwagon and following what others are doing.
The Best Gaming Monitors, 2021 – Razer Raptor 27 Review
1. Razer Raptor 27 Gaming Monitor
The brand, Razer, is currently one of the most important names in the tech industry. It is well-known and recognized for its hardware development for gamers and have recently presented its new player/gaming monitor called Razer Raptor 27, which it developed specifically for e-sports players.
With the opening of CES, the world’s largest technology fair, companies have continued to introduce their new and innovative products. One of these products, amongst a huge range of newly introduced tech products, was Razer’s new gaming monitor.
The Razer brand is most well-recognized and known for its gaming equipment and gaming computers. The company, which has never produced a monitor before, finally announced the Razer Raptor gaming monitor with a 27-inch IPS screen and 144 Hz refresh rate at the CES fair. The model, in which the bezel is kept very thin, also offers some other remarkable features for the players.
Razer Raptor 27 Gaming Monitor – Technical Specifications
If you’re interested in the Razer Raptor 27 gaming monitor and would like to take a look at and understand it’s features a little further, read on! Coming with QHD, ie 2560 x 1440 resolution, the product has a 1 millisecond response time and Ultra Low Motion Blur. Razer Raptor, which can offer 95 percent of the DCI-P3 color gamut, also has HDR400 certification. The brightness is at the level of 420 nits. The Razer Raptor monitor, which supports adaptive sync with AMD FreeSync technology, also has NVIDIA G-Sync compatibility certification.
Raptor has one HDMI 2.0b port and DisplayPort 1.4 connection. There are also two USB 3.2 Gen 2 (Type-A) ports and a DisplayPort 1.4 signal and a USB Type-C connection. Of course, Chroma lighting, which is indispensable for a Razer product, has also found its place in this monitor. A cable management slot is also provided at the stand.
Razer’s new gaming monitor, Raptor, which has a very interesting design, has a matte black outer surface and an aluminum base. The monitor sits on a custom bottom stand that we can customize using the Razer Synapse 3 app, using the cable routing channels on its back to avoid cable clutter. In our opinion, this is definitely an interesting feature which is missing from other gaming monitors. Of course, it is not indispensable or necessary, but does definitely add a little bit of the oomph factor.
- Brand: Razer
- Manufacturer: Razer Inc.
- Package Dimensions: 77 x 58 x 27 cm; 9.3 Kilogram
- Item Model Number: RZ39-02760100-R3G1
- Color: Black
- Screen Size: 27 inches
- Resolution: 2560 x 1440 Pixels
- ASIN B08CKN5411
- Item Weight: 9.3 kg
- Razer Chroma integration and integrated cable management: With over 16.8 million colors and an array of lighting effects, you can synchronize the monitor’s Razer Chroma lighting with your other Razer peripheral devices via Razer Synapse.
2. Razer Raptor 27″ WQHD Gaming Monitor
The next monitor on our list is another Razer Raptor gaming monitor. The features and specifications on this Razer Raptor 27″ WQHD gaming monitor are almost identical to the one listed above. The only difference in this case is that this Razer Raptor monitor has a refresh rate of 165hz instead of 144hz. That is, it functions on a much faster level than the one described above.
- 27” WQHD (2560×1440) IPS-Grade Display for incredible detail and picture clarity
- Fast 165Hz refresh rate for a smooth and crisp image
- 95% DCI-P3 Color Gamut and HDR400 support for a rich, vibrant spectrum of color
- Solid aluminum base with Razer Chroma RGB & Built-in Cable Management – Display cables Included.
- Razer Synapse integration to control settings and connect to your battlestation
3. Sceptre 32-inch Gaming Monitor
This Sceptre gaming monitor has a whopping 32-inch and 1800R curved display, definitely making it a great contender in the fight for the best gaming monitor. Not only this, but it also features a 240hz refresh rate compared to the usual 144hz-165hz! If you’re looking for fast gaming monitor, this Sceptre 32″ gaming monitor is the one for you. Although it’s little pricey, there are many monitors at almost the same price which are 27″ or have a lower refresh rate, truly making this a great choice if you’re looking for that extra screen space.
- 1800R Curvature: The 1800R degree curved design immerses you into all of the action no matter where you choose to sit in the room.
- 240Hz Refresh Rate: Stay above the pack with 240Hz, giving you an edge in performance as frames transition instantly.
- With 1ms MPRT, motion blur is eliminated and exceptionally crisp imagery is visible in the midst of chaotic combat.
- AMD FreeSync Premium: With AMD FreeSync Premium, gamers enjoy smooth video & seamless on the spot movement in fast-paced games. The graphic card and monitor refresh rates are synchronized to eliminate tearing and stuttering.
- Multiple Ports: The DisplayPort & HDMI1 deliver up to 240Hz refresh rate , providing incredible visibility & agility to beat your standard player. The HDMI 2 & 3 provide impressive 144hz refresh rate.
4. AOPEN 27HC1R Pbidpx 27-inch Gaming Monitor
This AOPEN 27HC1R Pbidpx 27″ gaming monitor is guaranteed to give you a theatre-like experience at home. It features a 27″, 1920 x 1080 widescreen VA display with AMD Radeon FreeSync technology to achieve some of the highest picture and detail qualities. The widescreen view allows you to share your screen with your friends and families, as any angle will provide you with the same consistent quality whilst viewing.
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz – Using Display Port
- Response Time: 4ms. VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm
- AOPEN Eye Protection: BlueLight Filter & Flickerless Technology
- Ports: 1 x Display Port, 1 x HDMI & 1 x DVI (Display Port Cable Included)
5. Samsung 27-Inch LC27RG50FQNXZA Gaming Monitor
Although it is not a Razer Raptor gaming monitor, this Samsung 27″ LC27RG50FQNXZA Gaming Monitor can be described as ‘a treat for the eyes.’ Why? The 1500R curved display allows you to look at the screen from any angle and see the same vivid picture quality. The amazing 3000:1 contrast ratio can almost literally help you see through the dark, ensuring you’re never caught off-guard by an enemy hiding in dark corners, thus helping you unlock your true gaming potential!
- A refresh rate of up to 240hz virtually eliminates lag allowing you react with lightning quickness
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatibility demolishes image tears, stuttering and screen lag. Brightness (Min) is 250cd/m2
- Get fully immersed in every game with a deeply rounded 1500R curved screen
- Eye Saver Mode minimizes blue light enough to keep your eyes relaxed and comfortable… play on
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How many pixel resolution does the Razer Raptor have?
Uses an IPS panel with a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels
2. What certification does Raptor have?
Raptor, which can offer 95 percent of the DCI-P3 color gamut, also has HDR400 certification.
3. How many usb ports does the Raptor computer have?
Raptor has one HDMI 2.0b port and DisplayPort 1.4 connection. There are also two USB 3.2 Gen 2 (Type-A) ports and a DisplayPort 1.4 signal and a USB Type-C connection.
4. Don’t you connect this with a usb a to usb c adapter and still have data transfer problems such as synapses?
No, it’s not guaranteed to work unless it’s connected directly to your computer via USB-C.