There are so many monitors out there, all designed and made with different purposes in mind. If you’re looking for the best monitors for photo editing, but just can’t seem to understand all the different brands, specs and types, do not fret. In this article, we have reviewed 5 of the best monitors for photo editing to help you find the right fit for you.
5 Best Monitors For Photo Editing – Best Monitor Reviews
|1-||LG 25UM58-P 25″ Monitor||5,951|
ASUS PB279Q 27″ Monitor
ASUS VS239H-P 23″ Monitor
Samsung LU28R550UQNXZA 28″ Monitor
Philips 278E1A 27″ Monitor
1. BenQ SW270C PhotoVue 27″ Photo Editing Monitor
Having the right monitor to edit photos (professionally) is extremely important. Why? Because, to bring out the true essence and colors intended by the photographer, any old monitor will not do. This is why this BenQ SW270C PhotoVue 27″ Monitor has made it to the top of our list of the best monitors for photo editing. It has literally been designed specifically for and with photographers in mind. The USB type-C (which is also compatible with Thunderbolt 3) enables you to easily transfer data to, power charge and hardware calibrate your monitor all with just one cable, instead of the usual complex process.
- Aqcolor technology: 99% Adobe RGB Coverage, uniformity technology and hardware calibration support for accurate color performance for photographer
- 27 inch, 16: 9, 2560×1440 resolution: enjoy exceptional clarity of fine details with IPS technology
- Hardware calibration with palette master element software: tune and maintain the color performance of the monitor at its most optimal State
- High dynamic Range (HDR): increase the overall dynamic range between Black and white to make image quality closer to what human eyes see in the natural world
2. ViewSonic VP2785-4K 27″ Monitor
Next up on our list of the best monitors for photo editing is this ViewSonic VP2785-4K 27″ monitor, which has also been designed especially for photography and graphic design. This monitor has been factory calibrated to Delta E<2 value to ensure the highest color accuracy. This is an extremely important feature, as it allows you to work with peace of mind and confidence knowing that the colors on the display are the exact same as your original file.
- Stunning 4K Ultra HD Resolution. Displaying more than 8 million pixels with a high pixel density, this Ultra HD 3840×2160 monitor delivers the ultimate in image detail and clarity for stunning
- Ultimate Color Accuracy. Deliver an amazing Delta E<2 value and includes a detailed calibration report for sRGB, EBU, SMPTE-C, Rec. 709, and DICOM-SIM color spaces.
- Excellent Screen Uniformity. Uniformity of color across the screen is critical to achieving the most accurate viewing and editing of images
- Seamless Viewing Experience. A premium panel delivers accurate colors and vivid images – all framed by a barely there, ultra-thin bezel perfect for nearly seamless multi-monitor setups.
3. BenQ SW271 PhotoVue 27″ Photo Editing Monitor
This BenQ SW271 PhotoVue 27″ Monitor is very similar to the first monitor mentioned in our list of the best monitors for photo editing. It is from the same brand and also has a 27″ display + an easy-use one USB type-C cable. The AQColor technology offers all you photographers and designers out there a wide array of the most excellent colors to work with. All the features of this photo editing monitor combined are sure to help you unlock your full and true photography potential.
- 27 INCH 4K UHD RESOLUTION: Exceptional clarity of fine details
- HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE (HDR): for sharpened brightness and incredible details. Dimensions (HxWxD mm) (w/o Base) (with shading hood) 14. 65X24. 64×9. 37 inches Dimensions (HxWxD mm) (w/o Base) 14. 52×24. 16X2. 46 inches
- AQCOLOR TECHNOLOGY: 99% Adobe RGB coverage, hardware calibration support for accurate colors for photography. Card Reader Support Format: SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC
- USB TYPE-C: Transmit data and video signal with one cable for easy hardware calibration. Video Signal Data: Horizontal Frequency – 27140Khz. Vertical Frequency – 2475Hz. Video Bandwidth – 600MHz
- HARDWARE CALIBRATION WITH PALETTE MASTER ELEMENT SOFTWARE: Tune and maintain the color performance of the monitor at its most optimal state
4. BenQ PD2700U 27″ Monitor
This BenQ PD2700U 27″ Monitor is little different from the other BenQ monitors mentioned in this article, but rightfully deserves a place in our list of the best monitors for photo editing. Photo editing and graphic designing can often be a very complex and lengthy process, for which reason BenQ has tried to design this monitor to provide maximum comfort to the user. It can be mounted, height adjusted and can also easily be switched to portrait mode depending on your preference or content you are working on. The dual view, eye protector sensor, zero-flicker and low blue light features are all designed to protect your eyes and reduce the strain they feel during long work sessions.
- ULTRA HIGH RESOLUTION MONITOR: 27 inch LED 4K HD (3840x216n0 resolution), 20,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio for exceptional color accuracy
- PROFESSIONAL GRAPHIC DESIGN DISPLAY: 10-bit, 100% sRGB and Rec.709 Optimal Color Precision, CAD/CAM, Dark Room, and Animation Mode. Incredible image detail with 5ms GTG
- ERGONOMIC DISPLAY: Dual View, height adjustable stand, Eye Protector Sensor, Zero Flicker and Low Blue Light, plus Pilot software for customized monitor setting
- CONNECT AND COLLABORATE: USB 3.0 and OSD controller for easily switching modes and multiple digital inputs, 2Wx2 Speakers. OS Compatibility- Windows 7,Windows 8,Windows 8.1Windows 10,MAC
- LATEST IPS PANEL TECHNOLOGY: 178/178 Wide Viewing Angle plus Picture-in-Picture (PIP) & Picture-by-Picture (PBP) to enhance convenience, productivity
- Brightness: 350 cd/㎡; Refresh Rate: 60Hz
5. ASUS PA278QV 27” Monitor
Last on our list of the best monitors for photo editing is this ASUS ProArt PA278QV 27″ monitor. Although it is number 5, that does not mean it is less than any of the other monitors mentioned in this article. Our favorite feature of this monitor is the fact that you can fully customize it to your liking. For example, although the factory settings of the color and brightness is usually ideal for most people, you can further personalize them to what suits you best. This is also one of the best monitors for photo editing because it allows you to adjust the height, swivel, tilt and pivot extremely easily (by just grabbing the screen and moving it to the position you’d like).
- 27-inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS monitor with frameless design; Brightness (Typ.) : 350cd/㎡
- International color standard 100% sRGB and 100% Rec. 709 wide color gamut
- Calman Verified with factory calibration for excellent Delta E < 2 color accuracy
- ASUS-exclusive ProArt Preset and ProArt Palette provide numerous adjustable color parameters
- Extensive connectivity for maximum flexibility, including Mini DisplayPort, DisplayPort, HDMI, dual-link DVI-D, audio in and earphone jack, plus four USB 3.0 ports
- Ergonomic stand with tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustments for a comfortable viewing experience, plus VESA wall-mountable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Do monitors matter for photo editing?
Beautiful photos are not created simply by using a camera. Yes, having a good monitor is extremely important to achieve pro-level photos.
2. What is the most important feature of the best photo editing monitors?
The most important feature of the best photo editing monitors is the color accuracy.
3. What makes a monitor good for photo editing?
For photo editing, your monitor should ideally be 27 inches, and have a 1440p resolution with high color accuracy.
4. Do you need an HDR monitor for photo editing?
If you’re editing HDR content, it is important to have an HDR monitor.
5. Are IPS monitors good for photo editing?
IPS monitors are great for photo editing due to their high-quality color reproduction.
6. Are curved monitors good for photo editing?
No, curved monitors are not good for photo editing; They will most likely distort your image.