Monitors are usually designed with a specific purpose in mind – for example, gaming, photo editing, watching movies, etc. This means that some will be more suitable than others for what you’d like to use them for. In this article, we’ve listed 10 and reviewed 5 of the best monitors for macbook pro for all you Apple users out there. To find the best pick for you, read on!
10 Best Monitors For Macbook Pro – Best Monitor Reviews
BenQ PD3200U PD Series 32″ Monitor
|2-||Dell U-Series 38″ Monitor||1,040|
ViewSonic VP2458 Professional 24″ Monitor
ViewSonic VP3881 38″ Monitor
ASUS ProArt PA329C 32” Monitor
1. MSI Prestige PS341WU 34″ Monitor
This MSI Prestige PS341QU 34″ monitor has made it to the top of our list of the best monitors for macbook pro for many reasons. The display is a whopping ultrawide 34″. Alongside the 5120 x 2160 resolution, it will almost feel like you’re in your own personal cinema or theatre. This monitor was especially designed for creators and multi-taskers, meaning it has one of the highest and most vivid color accuracies.
- Nano-ips panel for a truly premium quality picture
- 98% of DCI-P3 color gamut with a pre-calibrated in factory for the most excellent color accuracy
- 34” ultra-wide wuhd display for truly expressive details
- Built-in Picture-in-Picture (PIP) and Picture-by-Picture (PBP) helps to check the content from multiple sources simultaneously and switch between them easily
2. ASUS ProArt Display PA248QV 24.1” Monitor
The ASUS ProArt Display PA248QV 24.1″ monitor, similar to the above mentioned MSI monitor and as the name may suggest, was also designed with creative professionals in mind. However, this does not mean that one cannot use these monitors for other purposes. Most people who decide to invest in a monitor use it for prolonged periods of time, which can result in neck or back pain. This brings us to one of our favorite features of this monitor: you can adjust the height, tilt, pivot and swivel by simply grabbing the screen and moving it to your preferred positioning. Also, although the factory settings of the color and brightness is usually ideal for most people, you can further personalize them to what suits you best – which definitely calls for extra points and a place in our list of the best monitors for macbook pro.
- 24. 1-inch 16: 10 WUXGA (1920 x 1200) IPS display with frameless design
- International color standard 100% sRGB and 100% Rec. 709 wide color gamut. Brightness (Typ.) is 300cd/㎡
- Calman Verified with factory pre-calibrated for excellent color accuracy (ΔE < 2)
- ASUS exclusive ProArt Preset and ProArt Palette provides several adjustable color parameters and preset modes
- Extensive connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI, D-sub, Audio in, Earphone jack plus four USB 3. 0 ports for the most flexibility
- VESA wall-mountable and ergonomic design with tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustments for a comfortable viewing experience
3. BenQ SW321C 32” Monitor
Next on our list of the best monitors for the macbook pro is this BenQ SW321C 32″ monitor. It is definitely one of the more pricey monitors on this list, but is well worth the money in terms of the features it offers. If you’re looking for the best monitors for macbook pro for video or photo editing, this is definitely the right pick for you. In fact, BenQ’s Palette Master Element software works best with macbooks when compared to other devices. The hardware calibration of this BenQ SW321C 32″ monitor is also guaranteed to be a good and long one. We can confidently say that you get what you pay for this with this monitor.
- AQCOLOR TECHNOLOGY 99% Adobe RGB coverage uniformity technology and hardware calibration support for accurate color performance
- 32 INCH 16 9 4K RESOLUTION
- HARDWARE CALIBRAITON WITH PALETTER MASTER ELEMENT SOFTWARE
- PAPER COLOR SYNC FOR SCREEN-TO-PRINT COLOR MATCHING
4. Dell UltraSharp U2720Q 27″ Monitor
The Dell UltraSharp U2720Q 27″ monitor is fourth on our list of the best monitors for macbook pro. The 4K IPS anti-glare panel with 3840 x 2160 resolution on this 27″ monitor makes using this an absolute dream. The stand can be rotated 360-degrees and the height, pivot, swivel and tilt can all be adjusted, allowing you to position it to your liking and comfort.
- Create an efficient workspace with the Dell UltraSharp U2720Q 27 inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) LED Backlit LCD IPS USB-C Monitor (7GZ651)
- Sleek design – 27 inch diagonal 4K UHD IPS screen with vibrant 3840 x 2160 resolution and thin profile that supports virtually seamless multi-display setups
- Exceptional visuals – see consistent, vibrant colors across a wide viewing angle enabled by In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology
- Experience simple, convenient connectivity – work with your most frequently-used devices with DisplayPort, HDMI, USB ports, and Audio Line out
- Display Features: Tilt, Swivel, Pivot, Vesa Mount Compatible, Anti-glare, USB Hub, LED Backlights, In Plane Switching, Security Lock Slot, Energy Star Certified, 99% sRGB color gamut
5. MSI Creator PS321QR 32″ Monitor
Last but not least is the MSI Creator PS321QR 32″ monitor. Honestly, it is quite similar to the first MSI monitor mentioned in this article of the best monitors for macbook pro – except it has a 2 inch smaller display. Although this monitor was designed with creators and multi-taskers in mind, the 2560 x 1440 resolution and 165hz screen refresh rate of this monitor is ideal even for those looking for a gaming monitor. Why? Because most pro gramers prefer using monitors with a 1440p resolution and 144hz refresh rate – thus, the 165hz is definitely a bonus point for this monitor!
- 32-inch WQHD (2560 x 1440 / 16:9) designed for creators & multi-taskers
- Rapid IPS technology designed for a truly premium quality picture
- 99% of Adobe RGB color gamut with a pre-calibrated in factory for the most excellent color accuracy
- Built-in Picture-in-Picture (PIP) and Picture-by-Picture (PBP) help to check the content from multiple sources simultaneously and switch between them easily
- Ergonomically Designed Stand with tilt, swivel and height adjustments while focusing on creation
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I use any monitor with my macbook pro?
Yes, you can use any monitor, projector or HDTV with your macbook pro.
2. How do I use my macbook pro with two monitors?
On your mac, go to apple menu > system preferences > display set > set both monitors to the same resolution > arrangement > mirror displays.
3. How can I use a non-Apple monitor with my macbook?
Simply connect your macbook and the monitor using an HDMI cable.
4. Are HP monitor compatible with macbooks?
Yes, HP monitors are compatible with macbooks. You may have to buy a suitable cable though.
5. Are Samsung monitors compatible with macbooks?
Yes, Samsung monitors are compatible with macbooks; you just need to buy an appropriate cable for the video connection.