There are so many gaming monitors out there on the market, but so many of them are just so…expensive. If you have a small budget but are itching to get a good gaming monitor to enhance your gameplay experience, keep reading and let us show you our pick of the best gaming monitors under $200.
5 Best Gaming Monitors Under $200 – Best Gaming Monitor Reviews
1. AOC C24G1A 24″ Gaming Monitor
This AOC C24G1A 24″ gaming monitor is definitely one of the best gaming monitors under $200. We are 99.9% sure you cannot find a gaming monitor with features as good as this one, for this price! It has a 24″, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 1500R curved display alongside a 165hz screen refresh rate and 1 millisecond response time! All these features, combined or looked at separately, are preferred by most pro gamers. If you’re distracted easily, fret not, this has been voted as the best gaming monitor under $200 for good reason; The polished, almost frameless design will ensure your full concentration is on your game.
- AOC C24G1A 24″ immersive gaming monitor with 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution
- VA panel wrapping around you for an immersive gaming experience
- Rapid 1ms (MPRT) response and 165Hz refresh rate with AMD Free Sync (G sync compatible) for smoothest competitive gameplay
- 3-Sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders for the ultimate multi-monitor setup
- Re-spawned 3-year zero-bright-dot 3-year advance replacement 1-year (one-time) accidental damage
2. MSI OPTIX G241v 24″ Gaming Monitor
There is such a huge focus on a few specific games, such as COD, Battlefield, Fortnite, FIFA, etc. that people often forget about the other awesome games that are out there and have been out there for a long time (e.g. GTA, Fallout, Red Dead Redemption, etc.). If you have a greater inclination towards open world games and can’t seem to find any recommendations for them, this MSI OPTIX G241v 24″ gaming monitor is for you. Not only is it great for these games, it is also one of the best gaming monitors under $200.
- 24″ LCD panel LED backlight (1920 x 1080 full HD)
- 75Hz refresh rate – Display without after image.
- 1ms response time helps eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates
- Wide view angle – 178° visible.
- Adaptive sync – keep screen tearing away from your monitor.
3. AOPEN 24MX1 bii 24″ Gaming Monitor
Acer Canada’s AOPEN 24MX1 bii 24″ gaming monitor is has made it to third place on our list of the best gaming monitors under $200. The 1920 x 1080 resolution is aided by the AMD Radeon FreeSync technology and 1 millisecond response time, allowing for smooth tear-free image-quality. Although it only has a 75hz screen refresh rate, the AOPEN 24MX1 bii 24″ gaming monitor has made it in our picks of the best gaming monitor for under $200 because its features’ quality in respect to the price is awesome.
- 24″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen TN Display with AMD Radeon FreeSync Technology
- Refresh Rate: 75Hz – Using HDMI Port
- VESA Wall Mounting: 100 x 100 mm
- AOPEN Eye Protection: BlueLight Filter & Flickerless Technology
- Ports: 2 x HDMI & 1 x VGA (VGA Cable Included)
- Refresh Rate: 75Hz – Using HDMI port
- Image contrast ratio is100 million:1 max (ACM),AOPEN Eye Protection: BlueLight Filter & Flickerless Technology
- Ports: 2 x HDMI & 1 x VGA (VGA Cable Included)
4. BenQ GL2480 24″ Gaming Monitor
Fourth on our list of the best gaming monitors under $200 is BenQ’s GL2480 24″ gaming monitor. It has a 60hz refresh rate (lower than the other monitors mentioned), but the 1 millisecond response time with their ZeroFlicker and Low Blue Light technology ensures you will have a comfortable experience during prolonged periods
- Display Area (mm) 531.3×298.8
- Power Consumption (on mode.)- 25W. Power Consumption (based on Energy Star) – 17.48W
- Full HD 1080p 16:9; Dimensions with Wall Mount (HxWxD mm w/o base) 565 x 333 x 54. OS Compatibility- Windows 7,Windows 8,Windows 8.1
- 16mm slim bezel display, high-gloss frame and base, and carbon fiber-patterned back – ideal for work or home use, 3 year warranty
- The latest HDMI high-speed multimedia interface* makes these monitors incredibly convenient to use -V now you can enjoy digital entertainment effortlessly even with additional multimedia equipment in the future
- The truest colors with the BenQ Senseye Human Vision Technology. With its six proprietary calibration techniques, Senseye 3 delivers only the best viewing quality in its pre-set viewing modes -VStandard, Movie, Game, Photo, sRGB, Reading, and Eco -V
- Fully compatible with Windows 8 systems. Plug in the GL2460HM to your computer, and Windows 8 will recognize it instantly, making setup and connection effortless
- The GL2460HM complies with the requirement of ENERGY STAR Program for Computer Monitors, Version 5.1. Now you can enjoy saving energy and money as well as keeping the Earth looking great
5. Samsung LS24D330HSL/ZA 24″ Gaming Monitor
Last but not least is the Samsung LS24D330https://amzn.to/3rfz2qzHSL/ZA 24″ gaming monitor. Similar to the BenQ model mentioned above, this also has a 60hz refresh rate but features a super fast 1 (GTG) response time to make sure you don’t fall behind your competitors whilst you’re gaming. Moreover, there is a special ‘game mode’ which deepens the blacks. Why is this ‘special?’ Enemies are often hiding in dark corners and take you by surprise when you’re at their vantage point. With this feature, however, you will be able to see them hiding even in the darkest corners regardless of their dark skins being used and will definitely give you that edge you need over your opponents.
- A more comfortable gaming experience with Flicker Free technology
- Enhanced customization featuring ASUS Aura Sync RGB lighting on the back and LED lighting projection in the base
- Marathon ready with swivel, tilt and height adjustability and VESA Mount so you can always find your ideal viewing position. Physical. Dimension with Stand (WxHxD)- 713.38 x (490.02~590.02 )x 299.27mm. Physical. Dimension without Stand (WxHxD)- 713.38 x 425.68 x 118.03 mm
- Contrast Ratio Static : 1000 : 1 (Typ), 600 : 1 (Min); Aspect ratio :16 : 9
- Accessories included : D-Sub Cable of 1.5 m and a Quick Setup Guide
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Should I use FPS mode on my monitor?
This depends on whether you are playing an FPS type game (e.g. COD, Apex Legends, etc.). If you are, then yes you definitely should.
2. Why should you choose a 144hz monitor?
Panel technology that offers a higher refresh rate, is one of the distinguishing features of gaming monitors. Entry-level 144 Hz displays are affordable, widely available and offer ergonomic options.
3. What’s the difference between 60Hz and 144Hz?
A gamer playing the game with a 144Hz refresh rate will see twice as many frames as a gamer playing with 60 Hz. Although the difference may seem small, every frame counts in fast-paced games.
4. What size monitor is best for gaming?
27-inch monitors are generally considered the best size for gaming. Check this article out if you’re looking for the best 27″ gaming monitors.
5. What gaming monitors do pros use?
Gaming monitors like the BENQ ZOWIE XL2546/XL2540 and the ASUS PG258Q are the most commonly used monitors by professionals.