There are so many different types of monitors, that it can often be daunting to find the perfect one. In this article, we’ve listed 5 and reviewed 5 of the best gaming monitors for you, so you don’t have to go through the ordeal of having to do so.
The 10 Best Gaming Monitors – 144hz Monitors
First things first, ‘ultrawide’ means ‘widescreen,’ referring to a 64:27 size screen. An ultrawide gaming monitor allows users to see hidden areas, which are not visible on ordinary 16:9 monitors, giving them an extra UltraWide field of view (FOV) that they can take advantage of. The monitor’s ‘black stabilizer’ illuminates dark scenes and helps to clearly spot dark areas of black where objects or enemies might hide.
1. Samsung Odyssey G5 Reviews – 144hz Monitor
Samsung, one of the leading names in technology, offers us an extraordinary quality. If you want to buy an ultrawide gaming monitor and use it for many years, the Samsung Odyssey G5 is the perfect product for you.
Samsung Odyssey G5 Features – 144hz Monitor
The Dynamic Action Sync mode minimizes input-stutters while making the game play in real time. It is mostly used as a gaming computer, but it is also a great option for watching movies. The screen width and image quality both provide a great visual feast to the viewers and create a great perception of reality for those playing games. The ultrawide gaming monitor allows you to get high image quality without the need for an expensive graphics card. This model of Samsung is extremely successful. We can say that it has a very nice color reproduction. Beautiful design with great curve to feel like you are in the game Fast 144 Hz refresh rate. The back of the monitor is made out of textured plastic. All cable entries are towards the bottom, whereas the top of the stand provides an inlet for cable management. You don’t need any tools to set up the stand, it just clicks into place! The Samsung Odyssey G5 has a good contrast ratio. Although this is higher than the recommended 2500: 1, contrast can vary between individual units. This model of Samsung has received a passing grade from users in many respects, by meeting all the expected performance requirements very well. These models were created with very precise programming, and are almost a technological wonder with the technical features and design. The demand for this model, which has gained a great reputation recently, is high.
2. HP 24mh FHD Monitor – 144hz monitor
If you’re tired of looking at a small screen, this HP 24mh FHD monitor will definitely solve that problem. It provides huge screen space without taking too much space physically. Alongside the 1920 x 1080 resolution at 75hz instead of the usual 60hz, this HP 24mh FHD monitor has exceptional visuals. One of our favorite features of this monitor is definitely how customizable it is. That is, you can set it up to your liking with the following features: the height can be adjusted (by 100mm), you can tilt it either forward by 5 degrees, or back by 23 degrees, and it can even rotate (clockwise) to portrait mode! Moreover, this monitor has a wide variety of different ports (HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort, etc.) and built-in speakers, ensuring you will not have unnecessary extra expenses such as dongles or separate speakers. If you’re in search of such a monitor, you most likely look at screens for prolonged periods of time. To combat the eye damage which comes with this, HP has added a low blue light – definitely a bonus point!
- PANORAMIC VIEWING: Vibrant detail from practically any position with consistent color and image clarity maintained across an ultra-wide 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles
- MICRO-EDGE DISPLAY: With virtually no bezel encircling the display on three sides, an ultra-wide viewing experience provides for seamless multi-monitor setups
- WARRANTY AND SUSTAINABILITY: Rest easy and work confidently with an environmentally conscious and energy-efficient monitor, backed by HP standard 1-year limited warranty
3. Acer R240HY bidx 23.8″ Monitor – 144hz monitor
Although Acer is not as well-established or globally recognized as Samsung, one should definitely not disregard it as ‘less than.’ This Acer 23.8″ monitor has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 resolution at 60hz, and a 178 degree viewing angle, meaning you can see clear and vivid images at any angle! Alongside this, the no-frame screen allows for optimum viewing conditions. In fact, most of its features are (more or less) similar to the Samsung Odyssey G5 monitor mentioned above.
- -5 to 15 degree adjustable stand
- VGA, DVI (w/HDCP) & HDMI (v1.4) Ports
- No picture visible using the OSD menu, adjust brightness and contrast to maximum or reset to their default settings. Brightness is 250 nit. Operating power consumption: 25 watts
- Signal inputs: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI (withHDCP) & 1 x VGA. Does not support HDCP 2.2, the version this monitor supports is HDCP 1.4
4.Sceptre 20″ Ultra Thin LED Monitor – 144hz monitor
Although it is a lower-end brand, this Sceptre 20-inch ultra thin LED monitor has everything you may need: vivid visuals, a 1600 x 900 display, built-in speakers, easy-tilt option, etc. Although it has a 60hz refresh rate compared to others with 75hz, the other great features will definitely make up for this. Moreover, it only requires a few minutes to set-up and put together, helping you save that precious time you could use to play your games or watch movies!
- 20″ Led HD+ monitor high resolution 1600 x 900
- 2 x HDMI ports ( convertible to DVI )
- Fast response time 5ms. Dimensions – With Stand (Inches)- 18.01 x 7.02 x13.57 .Without Stand (inches)- 18.01 x 1.32 x 10.43
- Vesa wall mount ready
- Built in speakers
- Mounting Type: VESA wall mount hole pattern 75mm x 75mm
5. HP Pavilion 22cwa 21.5″ Monitor – 144hz monitor
Last but not least, we present to you the HP Pavillion 22cwa 21.5″ monitor. Similar to most monitors we’ve mentioned in this 144hz monitor article, it has a 60hz refresh rate, but in this case it comes alongside a 1920 x 1080p display. The 7 millisecond response time allows for seamless picture-to-picture transitions without any blur and the adjustable (- 5-25 degrees) tilt ensures prime viewing from any angle!
- Resolution & panel: 16:9 aspect ratio and an anti-glare IPS LED-backlit panel (2 million pixels)
- Connectivity: Open wedge contemporary design allows easy access to VGA and HDMI with HDCP support for laptop or multi-monitor setups includes – AC power cord, VGA cable, and power adapter
- Compatibility: Plug and play for all OS such as Windows & Mac OS for laptop connectivity and PS4 (note: USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI adapters required for 2016 MacBook Pros or later)
- Brightness & contrast: 250 nits of brightness, up to 8,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, and up to 1000:1 static contrast ratio
- Responsibly made: Save your wallet with an Energy Star certified monitor that meets strict energy-efficiency guidelines and helps reduce your carbon footprint
- Warranty: One-year limited warranty with 24-hour, 7 days a week web support when shipped from and sold by Amazon
Other Products You Can Review
Frequently Asked Questions – 144hz Monitor
1. Why Should You Choose The Samsung Odyssey G5?
The most important thing for you to choose this model is that it is technically very successful. If you are a gamer or just want to have a nice screen capability, this model is extremely suitable for you.
2. What Is The Best Ultrawide Best Gaming Monitor To Buy?
Currently, the best ultrawide gaming monitor to buy is the Samsung Odyssey G5.
3. What Size Monitor Is Best For Gaming?
The best size for gaming is definitely the 16:9 size of ultrawide gaming computers.
4. What Monitors Do Pro Gamers Use?
Professional gamers mostly prefer ultrawide gaming computers. Among them, many prefer the Samsung Odyssey G5.